2D & 3D sketching, sourcing and procurement, fabrication and product implementation
When we design products (or interiors for that matter) we think of a product that complies with the business plan or the service in which the product is used. In this context, we are aware that the end-user is not the only user that interacts with the product. In the design process we first recognise all the requirements before we think about solutions. We think about all the things that make up for a good product. For instance:
- User centric design (user interface/ interaction design, user experience design, ergonomics, well-being, etc.)
- Formgiving and design (in relation with its functions)
- Material selection
- Production techniques (what’s the best way to fabricate and assemble all parts in order to meet the design and the budget)
- Distinguish primary functions, secundary functions, add-ons, etc.
- Brand awareness of the seller
- Product maintenance and disposal
In general, the design process is always going to be an iterative process of regularly reviewing and evaluating (part of) the design. The more that takes place the better the out come of the design. Therefore there will be a lot of communicating and presenting during the process.
Contact us for a free, no obligation consultation.